For Immediate Release
9 a.m. PST
June 7, 2016
For press inquiries:
The Launch of Sorc’d for Microsoft Office Forecasts Increase in Productivity for Content Creators
Sorc’d Takes Major Step to Becoming a Necessity For Smarter Content Creation
CHICAGO – June 7, 2016 – Sorc’d [Sorcd.com], the cloud-based aggregator for snippets of content users have deemed noteworthy, today announced the launch of Sorc’d for Microsoft Office. This is an expansion of plans Sorc’d has to seamlessly integrate with content creation partners, augmenting existing systems to create more value for users. The add-on empowers users of Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to search and add snippets from the Sorc’d knowledge base directly within Office documents.
“Sorc’d is about giving back precious time and mental capacity to a world that is overloaded with data, said Bob Girolamo, CEO of Sorc’d. “By providing a platform that is intuitive and easy to use, we hope users can discover more meaningful pieces of information to use as support or idea generation for original content. Add on the sharing and collaboration of the Sorc’d collective database, and you’ve got an environment where teams become smarter, thought leaders flourish, and individuals discover something new.”
“Sorc’d gives our joint users the tools they need to be as productive as possible with seamless integration into Microsoft Office products,” proclaimed Rob Howard, director, Office 365 Ecosystem, Microsoft.
Sorc’d clients boast shaving at least 30% off their research and content creation time by using the productivity tools. With over 90% of the world’s data created in the last two years, it’s no wonder that:
– 62% of professionals say their quality of work suffers because they can’t sort information fast enough,1
– professionals waste an average of 9+ hours EVERY week searching and gathering information,2 and
– Fortune 500 companies lose $30+ billion a year by failing to share knowledge.3 By making relevant snippets of content universally accessible and easily digestible, Sorc’d provides clients – such as content creation and marketing agencies, writers, journalists, marketers, and students – new cross-platform solutions for building stronger content, faster.
Unlike other ways to save information, Sorc’d is about efficiency and effectiveness. Without too many bells and whistle, all of the highly intuitive tools are designed with the end goal in mind – to build stronger content, faster. A browser extension enables users to highlight and organize only the pieces of online content they find interesting, such as in an article, blog, presentation or email. These “snippets” can be filtered by category, tag, post type, favorites or date, and link to their original sources. Recalling and importing snippets – both private and public – can be done with a single click via add-ins, like the one in Microsoft Office, or APIs. Users can choose to have the original source link built into the snippet or come after it. Users may create footnotes from links coming after the snippets with a few keyboard shortcuts.
Although Sorc’d has users from around the world, the company is focusing first on providing quality solutions to the 132 million employed in United States markets that create content, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.4 As the demands for original content increase, leveraging collective intelligence and participation from many parts of an organization will become essential – sourcing subject matter experts, thought leaders, research and other departments. Decision makers credit content marketing with driving sales (88%), customer referrals (83%), and customer loyalty (75%).5
Sorc’d connected with Microsoft Corp. through 1871, Chicago’s entrepreneurial hub.
About Sorc’d (pronounced sourced)
An innovation award-winner, Sorc’d empowers content creators to build stronger content, faster through a cloud-powered knowledge database of digestible snippets of relevant content, substantially decreasing research time and giving users more time to focus on what matters. Seamlessly integrating with numerous content creation systems, such as Microsoft Office and Google Docs, Sorc’d supercharges existing processes across public and private systems for content creation and marketing agencies, public relation agencies, writers, journalists, marketers, healthcare and academia. The company is based out of Chicago’s entrepreneurial hub, 1871. For more information please visit: http://Sorcd.com
1.”Newsroom.” New Survey Reveals Extent, Impact of Information Overload on Workers; From Boston to Beijing, Professionals Feel Overwhelmed, Demoralized. Lexis Nexis, 20 Oct. 2010. Web. 11 Apr. 2016.
- Shechtman, Jason. “Top 3 Reasons Why We Spend So Much Time Searching for Information | Under The Radar Conference | UTRConf.”Under The Radar Conference. Under The Radar, 14 May 2013. Web. 11 Apr. 2016.
- Quast, Lisa. “Why Knowledge Management Is Important To The Success Of Your Company.” Forbes. Forbes Magazine, 20 Aug. 2012. Web. 11 Apr. 2016.
- “Occupational Employment Statistics Home Page.” U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, n.d. Web. 11 Apr. 2016.
- “Survey: Demand for Content-marketing Expertise Outpaces Supply of Skilled Job-seekers.” Survey: Demand for Content-marketing Expertise Outpaces Supply of Skilled Job-seekers. SkilledUp, 26 Jan. 2015. Web. 11 Apr. 2016.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
For more information, press only:
Bob Girolamo, Sorc’d, (312) 953-6060, Bob@Sorcd.com
Note to editors: If you are interested in viewing additional information on Sorc’d, please visit http://www.Sorcd.com.